Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT, Truth About Sweden

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 10:31:53 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 2/21/2017 7:43 AM, philo wrote:
On 02/21/2017 04:16 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Truth about Sweden from a Swedish citizen. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL18ZztkM58

[8~{} Uncle American Monster

Yep. Some people say the USA is completely screwed up and Europe is just
an ideal place to live.

USA is not necessarily so screwed up and Europe has plenty of problems too.
Like any other president, Trump has both good and bad ideas.

Though I believe he is heavily weighted on the "bad" end of the spectrum
and have never hesitated to speak out, he did win the election, so it
certainly is his right to do things his way.
(Within the Constitution of course.)

Trump's problem is his lack of ability to communicate clearly.

Though I like the fact that he Tweets, such a form of communication is
limited.

Here is Trump's exact quote from his rally in Florida:

"You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening
last night in Sweden Sweden, who would believe this?"

There was no explanation as to WHAT was happening in Sweden.
After searching the news, yes, there was mention of an ongoing
"immigrant problem" but no specific event for the previous night.
The only "event" I saw in the news for Sweden was a man who set himself
on fire and apparently there was a small neo-nazi incident.

When he caught flack for it here is the exact quote from his Twitter feed:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump Feb 19

My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a
story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden.

Again, no explanation.

Trump uses Twitter as a troll would use a newsgroup, and he does it
brilliantly, too. He gets people to respond, and he finds out what they
really think.

People who understand how Trump communicates know what he's doing. Why
explain every little nuance of a statement? It's counter intuitive to
him. That's not how he functions.

Saying "you look at what's happening in Sweden last night", when
nothing happened in Sweden isn't a "nuance". It's either like Philo
says, a shocking inability to communicate or even worse, Trump
hearing voices in his head.

Murder rate at 47 year high 100% wrong - it's near a 47 year low
Thousands and thousands of Arabs celebrating in Jersey City on 9/11 - never happened
I met Putin, got to know him when we did 60 Mins at the same time,
we were stablemates - never happened

So, who knows what Trump thinks happened in Sweden that night?

After a few days, his actual meaning finally came out.
I find it a sign of a poor president when Trump himself cannot explain
what he means and his staff, the news sources and half the people here
need to explain what he really means.

Down the street from me was a 3 year old boy who could just barely speak
at. He would just grunt and point.

When I mentioned to his mom, "Wow, Ben doesn't talk much does he?"
She just laughed and said, "That's OK I know what he wants."

All she had done is reinforce his inability to speak .

That trait is bad enough in a three year old but in an adult, it's
inexcusable.

Many people have issues communicating. It's not because each person is
broken, it's because everyone has a different method of communicating
and many people want it to be easy. So, put the responsibility on the
person you don't understand instead of trying to understand how the
other person communicates.

--
Maggie

Sure, it's all our faults now, that Trump is a total moron that can't
communicate and frequently either lies or gets things badly wrong
when he does clearly communicate. What's next from you Trumpets?