Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On 2/20/2017 1:38 PM, wrote:

Also, releasing and re-applying the brake has about a 50% chance of
re-establishing braking power in the case of intermittently
misbehaving ABS .

That didn't work any of the times I had the problem.

If you are aware that the ABS is flakey and you
continue to drive the vehicle, you better be allowing a lot of extra
stopping space AT ALL TIMES.

Amen to that, but if it happens to you at higher speeds on dry pavement,
you will know your life is in danger and take appropriate actions. My
advice is to stop the car, pull the ABS fuse so they are completely
disabled. You can have them fixed if you want, like I did 4 times, but
the best thing I did was pull the fuse, and completely eliminate the
problem.

Now all you need worry about is the brake lines rusting out, which you
pretty much know they will sooner or later because they are made of
cheap ass steel, so might be a good idea to replace them before that
happens... Only costs around $700-1000 on my truck, far less than the
price of a Saw Stop for the remote possibly you'll save a finger.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com