Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks
% % is offline

Default Hum Sound in House

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety
goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article
,
says...

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:00:29 -0800, Checkmate,
DoW #1 wrote:

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety
goggles when reading
posts by Checkmate! In article
,
says...

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 19:04:59 -0800,
Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Six years ago we had so much rain that I had
a spring on my
property for about 4 months. I wouldn't be
surprised if it pops
back up again this year, because we've had a
lot of rain.

We have a seasonal spring on our property
too, but it is in the
unfinished part of our basement (where it is
dirt). Fortunately,
we've never had any water damage from it, as
I've installed a
French drain and battery-backed sump pump.

There's also a sewer drain in the low spot of
the basement, which
now functions as an overflow if the sump were
to fail. Belt and
suspenders.

[couple of groups snecked]

A basement is definitely not where you want to
have a spring. I
hope you have a DC pump and well-charged
battery as a backup system.

You must have glossed over the part where I
said I had that.

Must be the pain pills...

A_A
(-.-)