Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On 2/20/2017 9:47 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/20/2017 9:30 AM, Jack wrote:

If you ever were barreling down the road at 50MPH in the summer on dry
pavement, touch your brakes to slow down and the ABS goes of, giving you
50% braking power as you approach a line of stopped cars in front of
you, you will very quickly be standing on your brake pedal. Taught me
that my brake pedal would not break, or bend under immense force brought
on by a rapidly building panic that I was not going to stop in time.
Force vs a computer, computer wins. Fortunately I was not in a hurry
that day, and knew there was traffic at that spot every day, and had
allowed plenty of room to slowly come to a stop. Stopped about a foot
behind the car in front, with both feet on the pedal. Very scary.

What set the ABS off? Are you saying it was not needed and cut braking
power to 50% ?

Exactly. Well, I don't know what makes them go off when they're not
supposed to, and you're not sliding, some sort of problem with the
sensors I reckon. You can hear the squeak when they go off on my truck,
but what is more noticeable is your stopping distance is about doubled.
In an emergency stop, you are toast.

If I ran into the back you, and killed myself, no one could ask me what
happened. If I killed you, I could say it was my ABS systems fault, and
if they checked them, they would probably be working again, as the
problem is not constant, but intermittent. GM lawyers would be saying
everyone blames the brakes, but it never is...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com