Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Delta X5 Shaper Spindle Sizes

On 02/20/2017 9:54 PM, Leon wrote:
On 2/20/2017 7:44 PM, Frank P wrote:
replying to Duane Bozarth, Frank P wrote:
Duane,
I think you should brush up on your English before you criticize someone
asking a reasonable question. You probably feel you are knowledgeable
one the
subject of what is an allowable maximum spindle size for Mike's machine.
You
would have been better off removing yourself from making a response than
beating someone down for asking a question.

August 5, 2005, Frank. Think he will see your comment?

Well, since it's x-linked to the rec, yeah, I did/do...

I recall the discussion; I didn't "beat him down" at all, I simply
stated the difference between what is the supplied spindle for the
machine in question vis a vis using a larger-diameter cutter on the
available spindle...and noted that Delta (or any other manufacturer) for
liability reasons would be highly unlikely to suggest exceeding the
dimensions for their own product design by using a third-party vendor's
gear to exceed that size limitation.

Don't believe I'm going to lose any sleep over it, here...