Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks
Checkmate, DoW #1 Checkmate, DoW #1 is offline

Default Hum Sound in House

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:00:29 -0800, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 19:04:59 -0800, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Six years ago we had so much rain that I had a spring on my property
for about 4 months. I wouldn't be surprised if it pops back up again
this year, because we've had a lot of rain.

We have a seasonal spring on our property too, but it is in the
unfinished part of our basement (where it is dirt). Fortunately, we've
never had any water damage from it, as I've installed a French drain
and battery-backed sump pump.

There's also a sewer drain in the low spot of the basement, which now
functions as an overflow if the sump were to fail. Belt and
suspenders.

[couple of groups snecked]

A basement is definitely not where you want to have a spring. I hope
you have a DC pump and well-charged battery as a backup system.

You must have glossed over the part where I said I had that.

Must be the pain pills...

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten