Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Under stair storage question

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 8:41:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 18:00:30 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/20/2017 5:36 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 9:41:55 AM UTC-5, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
I have an under stair area (kitchen) with door. Will be demolishing old
stair case (leading to attic bedrooms) due to steep slope (attic bedrooms)
and shallow tread.

Upon installing new stairs (longer run) I will still have this same
storage place (with a door) beneath the stairs.

As you all know this space gets rather useless when it dips down to
3-4 feet.

Question: Have any of you done either a pull-out or cubby storage
under that area? Any sketches anywhere? Photos?

You don't want to fill that last 3-4 feet.

Where will the monster live?

http://tinyurl.com/h47wzy8

Where it always has, under the bed. ;~)

Not with a captains bet - or even worse - a Murphy.

A monster could hide under my SIL's Murphy (style) bed:

http://i.imgur.com/n2cM86p.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8AlasZn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XjSbmBh.jpg

You can leave a standard PC Monitor on the desk and the bed will still
pull down. With the matching bookcase on the left hand side, (not shown)
the unit just fit into their spare bedroom. Just those inches to spare
on the window wall.

Nice idea, but the bed was a little too high for this short guy. The phrase
"climb into bed" really fit. ;-)