Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
tlvp tlvp is offline

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular tower signal strength?

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 13:00:11 -0800, Jeff Liebermann wrote, re #878#:

"Announcement for switch [digit] [digit] [digit] dash [digit]."

I tried it again and got the same thing as you ending in "Announcement
for switch 40-6". 40 is the SID (system identifier) for the San Fran...

Sure enough, the digits I heard indicate several VZW centers in my state.

The 6 is the NID (network identifier).

My NID digit was "2". Technically, though I'm on the Verizon network, I'm
activated on Page Plus Cellular. No idea what difference that may make.

Anyway, thanks for the SID lookup URL. Cheers, -- tlvp