Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Crown Stoves - Repair Parts

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 10:27:22 AM UTC-5, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 20:58:18 -0000 (UTC), James Waldby
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 12:32:21 -0800, mogulah wrote:
On Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 10:40:01 PM UTC-4, Denis G. wrote:
On Jun 21, 7:50Â*pm, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I have a big old 6-burner Crown (model H3005702 845-242KG0E-10) natural
gas stove that my wife just loves, but is in need of some repair.
Specifically, the spark igniters are not firing on all pistons, but the
burners work just fine if lit with a match.

Does anyone know where to buy parts, or retro-fit parts? Â*For instance,
I bet the same spark igniters were used on numerous makes and models of
stove, so there is likely something that will fit.

"Not firing on all pistons" reminds me of when I would run my car
engine in the dark to look for sparks jumping from the ignition
wires.

Imagine if cars had pilot lights. Ha!

Stanley Steamers had a pilot flame, with pilot fuel like hexane vs
main fuels like kerosene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLgssxCjQNw
shows some people a couple of years ago trying to get the pilot going
on a 1910 Steamer, using a propane torch. I suspect owners back in
the day had some smoother ways of starting up.

Perhaps so. I watched those guys trying to blow themselves up and the
next video on YT was Jay Leno with his boosted (30" upsized boiler vs
standard 26", fuel pressure. bumped from 140 to 180psi) Stanley
Steamer. He gives a great talk on how it all works, and shows their
work on baffles to equalize the flow to get more even burner heat.

Fascinating video, 2 thumbs up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Me8b0ed59s

"When you're made of wood and you're on fire going 65mph down the
freeway...it's fascinating." Jay said.

Then, I followed his links to the Baker Electric car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhnjMdzGusc

--
In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.
--Charles de Gaulle

There's been a Jay Leno's Garage marathon all day today on CNBC. Fun show.