Martin Angove

Default Recessing elecric socket - please help!

In message ,
"Owain" wrote:

"Martin Angove" wrote
| Maybe we're just a bit odd, but ever since our boy (now 22
| months) became interested in plugs and sockets (about a year
| ago), we've taught him how to insert and remove plugs safely.
| He now "helps" by plugging in the hairdryer and switching
| on table lamps and the like.

Just wait until he "helps" by re-plugging all the leads on the back of the
hi-fi!

At the moment most of that is on a (self-built) alcove shelving system,
well above his height and out of reach behind the unit upon which the
television sits. Doesn't stop him getting at the remote, but he does at
least "respect" the videos (yes, there are two, he's only supposed to
use one of them).

I assume anything heat-generating is either out of his reach when unattended
or has a lock-off cover over its plug (not the socket), so that he can't
plug anything in he shouldn't or that you aren't expecting to be plugged in.
Starting a fire is probably a greater risk than electrification.

Well there is the odd table lamp which *could* be pulled over, but I
don't see it as a major problem. The only other thing is the iron, but
that is put away immediately after use. Kettles and the like are in the
kitchen on the work surface beyond reach for at least another year...
unless he does his trick with the chair :-)

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html