Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
Checkmate, DoW #1 Checkmate, DoW #1 is offline

Default Hum Sound in House

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:27:06 -0500, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 19:04:59 -0800, "Checkmate, DoW #1" wrote:

I actually have an open well about 8' deep, with an ancient sprocket-
driven pump on it. Whatever drove the pump is long gone. It's just
wide enough that you could climb down the ladder someone left in it.
I've only seen it go dry once in seven years, but it's filling up fast
now. It's weird, because I'm way up on the side of the canyon. There's
a creek probably 80 feet lower than my property, but that well almost
always has water in it. I thing all the water that seeps into the hill
above me pools up over an impermeable layer that's lower than my
property, but higher than the creek. We have both sedimentary and
igneous rock here, so it's probably an igneous layer. Six years ago we
had so much rain that I had a spring on my property for about 4 months.
I wouldn't be surprised if it pops back up again this year, because
we've had a lot of rain.

Probably is affluent from various septic tank drain fields.

Or perhaps effluent.

Damn! You maid a Tai Po, and I missed it!

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017