Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT charge account numbers.

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 23:48:09 -0500, micky
wrote:

Is the account number of a charge account sometimes, or often, or
always, the number that appears on the card?

I have a checking account and the account number is entirely different
from the number on the card.

I just got a new credit card on a different bank and I have to file the
rejection of arbitration notice within 30 days and, reasonably, it wants
the account number on the paper.. But it's gotten to the point where I
can't find out my own account number. It's not in the mail they send me
or on the webpage for my account.

There must be a fourth place to look but right now I can only think of
the card itself.

Your credit card and your bank account should NEVER have the same
number. I even prefer that the credit card be with a different bank
than my bank account(s). Even my personal and business accounts are
with different banks.

To find your bank account number look on the bottom of your cheques,
or on your passbook, or your bank statement. It will also show up when
you log into your bank electronically (you do not log in with the
account - you log in with your access number which MAY be a credit
card number. - here in Canada the access card is also (usually) usable
as a debit card. The account number will have a 3 digit bank
identifier or branch code, followed by, usually, an 8 digit account
number. Both the branch id and account number are required to identify
an account. I suspect things are very similar in the USA