Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On 2/20/2017 9:41 AM, Jack wrote:
On 2/19/2017 4:53 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/19/2017 4:33 PM, Leon wrote:

Many reports said something like "I had both feet on the brake and it
STILL would not stop" Brake Idle Algorytm solved that issue by
forcing the throttle to idle imediately if the brake pedal was
depressed, but made it impossible to drive the vehicle agressively by
locking the rear wheels with the foot brake while powering through the
"slipperystuff" forcing the vehicle into oversteer. by hanging the
rear end out.

It is still a mystery to me why they did not simply shift into neutral
or turn the ignition off.

Lack of common sense, lack of training, panic. It is a strange feeling
to push down and have to brakes though.

Have you ever had to slam on your breaks to avoid hitting something? Car
in front of you slams on breaks to miss dog/deer/kid you hit your brakes
and nothing much happens, or the gas pedal is stuck. Zero chance to
shift into neutral, or open your hood, pull the ABS fuse and hit brakes
again.

Sure, but many of the cases were long distance, not emergency stops. A
couple of them even had time to make a phone call or to call 911. In
those cases, plenty of time to react.

In the case of my wife's girlfriend, she was pulling into a parking
space in front of a business, according to her, the gas pedal stuck and
she careened though the wall of the store. Her Lexus was totaled, but
the business suffered astronomical damages. I was skeptical of the
stuck gas pedal as the Lexus issue was pretty much debunked at the time.

Most people don't pull into a paring spot with the gas pedal to the
floor either. Brakes can easily overcome modest engine power.