Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default strange goings on at bank auto-teller. OT

On 20/02/2017 15:04, Dave Liquorice wrote:

I think the whole thing could be automagic. No cash should come back
in. If any does, it counts what has and flags the banking system that
account X should be credited amount Y. Machine counting of notes
isn't difficult.

Counting is done on the outgoing route. Adding a mechanism to count
things going back in might require more equipment. Returning notes would
also need to be processed to determine their denomination. I doubt if
the machines have any ability to do this, they're probably loaded with
each denomination in a separate section. I suspect returned notes are
just dumped to a separate container to be dealt with manually.

--
Mike Clarke