Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Under stair storage question

On 2/20/2017 9:09 AM, Leon wrote:
On 2/20/2017 8:41 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
I have an under stair area (kitchen) with door. Will be demolishing
old stair case (leading to attic bedrooms) due to steep slope (attic
bedrooms) and shallow tread.
Upon installing new stairs (longer run) I will still have this same
storage place (with a door) beneath the stairs.
As you all know this space gets rather useless when it dips down to
3-4 feet.

Question: Have any of you done either a pull-out or cubby storage
under that area? Any sketches anywhere? Photos?
Envisioning pulling out (on gliders or rollers) maybe 2 feet into the
room (kitchen), said pullout maybe having storage for a sack of
potatoes or some larger pots and pans.
All ideas greatly appreciated!

Note: Existing door opens perpendicular to the run of the staircase.
(Door is not on the end of the cavity).

Thank you,
Ivan Vegvary

While this does not make use of all of that lower space, I have book
shelves built on the out side section near the floor. That could take
up to 1/3 of that space under there.

Sorry, that should have said, I have seen pictures of this. I do not
actually have this.

BUT BUT BUT. If you have a pet, that would be a nice cave if you had a
side entrance and it was sectioned off from the rest of the under stair
storage area.