Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Crown Stoves - Repair Parts

"James Waldby" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 12:32:21 -0800, mogulah wrote:
On Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 10:40:01 PM UTC-4, Denis G. wrote:
On Jun 21, 7:50 pm, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I have a big old 6-burner Crown (model H3005702 845-242KG0E-10)
natural
gas stove that my wife just loves, but is in need of some
repair.
Specifically, the spark igniters are not firing on all pistons,
but the
burners work just fine if lit with a match.

Does anyone know where to buy parts, or retro-fit parts? For
instance,
I bet the same spark igniters were used on numerous makes and
models of
stove, so there is likely something that will fit.

"Not firing on all pistons" reminds me of when I would run my car
engine in the dark to look for sparks jumping from the ignition
wires.

Imagine if cars had pilot lights. Ha!

Stanley Steamers had a pilot flame, with pilot fuel like hexane vs
main fuels like kerosene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLgssxCjQNw
shows some people a couple of years ago trying to get the pilot
going
on a 1910 Steamer, using a propane torch. I suspect owners back in
the day had some smoother ways of starting up.

--
jiw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot-tube_ignitor