Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 11:01:22 -0500, Jack wrote:

On 2/19/2017 9:37 AM, Brewster wrote:
On 2/18/17 7:15 PM, wrote:

One exception was early VW Rabbits where the brake lines ran inside
the car, under the "horsehair" noise cushion - which got soaked when
the cowl leaked up around the windshield. The fuse panels corroded
out, the brake lines rotted out, and so did the floor.
Really a LOUSY design.

This brings back memories!

A buddy back in college had a Floridian Rabbit, '75 I think. Total rust
bucket. As the car coughed and sputtered, dropping chunks of rust onto
the road, my buddies and I riding along would nod at each other and say
"farfegnugen, cool!"

My wife bought a '79 Honda Accord. It was car of the year. Nice car but
a total rust bucket. EVERYTHING rusted out. Hood, fenders, gas tank,
Strut suspension. I thought my '55 Ford Crown Vic was a rust bucket,
not even close. Honda fixed most of it under warranty, had to lose
money on that one. How does a hood rust? So much for Car of the year crap.

Was there a 1979 car you could buy that WASN'T a total rust bucket??
1855 to 1961 - or even 1969, and 1978 to 1986 just about EVERYTHING
was a rust bucket.

In 1982 you could sit on your front porch and listen to your new
Torino rust on the driveway. Not uncommon for the driver's mirror and
about 35 square inches of rust-worm infested sheet metal to fall out
of the door before it was 3 years old.. It wasn't uncommon to see
strips of duct tape around the windsheild on 3 or 4 year old cars to
keep the water from dripping on the driver's foot in the rain - didn't
matter WHO made the car..
The front fenders on my brother's 1977 Dodge AshBin (oops, that was
SUPPOSED to be Aspen) had the front fenders replaced under warranty at
2 years of age due to rust PERFORATION..

They say "they don't make 'em like they used to" - and I say "THANK
GOD!!!!"