Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Stijn De Jong[_2_] Stijn De Jong[_2_] is offline

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular tower signal strength?

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 10:43:16 -0500, nospam wrote:

As far as anyone can tell, it's impossible to get the cell id tower from
the phone on an iOS device,

wrong.

Certainly, technically competetent iOS users have tried over the years...

and have succeeded:

https://ociotec.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/proveedor_telefonia.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C29OaIVXAAEPTMG.jpg

I've seen those pictures before since they were in the references I already
cited.

Where is the unique cell ID in those pictures?

There is only one "cell id" and it's simply the number 388, which isn't a
unique cell id in any sense of the word.

What do you know that nobody else on iOS knows?