Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On 2/18/2017 9:28 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:09:41 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet

I highly suspect that people dying in auto injuries is less of a result
of complete brake failure.

correct. Mechanical failure is cited in only 10-15% of all automotive
accidents (and that includes things like brake or turn signal lamps
not working) with tire and wheel problems being the majority and total
brake loss WAY down the list.

In the list of causes of fatal auto colisions, mechanical failure
doesn't even make the top 25.

If only 1% die from brake failure, that would be 3-400 a year. If
"they" completely banned the use of ALL saws, I think the lives saved
would be about ZERO.

Proving someone died because their ABS system failed would be next to
impossible, at least in my truck it was intermittent. Rusted lines
would be easier to prove, but looking at a mangled wreck, one might
expect a brake line to be ripped apart. Also, when I was a kid, and
worked in a collision shop, never once do I remember anyone trying to
determine if a mechanical failure caused the wreck. This may have
changed, but I doubt it.

A friend of my wife ran though the side of a building and she said her
gas pedal stuck. Could easily have been brake failure IMO. I believe
it was a Lexus and people were suing them for stuck gas pedals.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com