Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default three lights, two switches

On 02/18/2017 08:38 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 07:49:16 +0630, Chuck Jacobs
wrote:

I have three lights A, B, C and two switches 1 and 2. How do I wire them
so switch 1 turns on/off A and B and switch 2 turns on/off B and C?
Please note that B is controlled by both switches, kind of like a 3-way
switching. Would there be any problem if both switches are on?

The easy way is to put a fixture with 2 lamp holders in the B position
and wire one to A and the other to C.
If you are willing to run a lot of wire I imagine we can come up with
a way of doing it with one light in B

This seems to be the best solution

the one I offered would not only require a special switch I realized
after I posted that there would be no way to have all lights on or all
lights off at the same time. In other words... useless.