Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default strange goings on at bank auto-teller. OT

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 12:48:01 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
misterroy wrote:
She was told if no-one had taken the money it would be sucked back into
the machine.

Really? Never heard that one before. Can anyone confirm it happens?

Happened to me many years ago , must have been shortly after banks
started reciprical arrangements with each other. I was with Nat West
and I think it was a Midland machine . It was laid out differently to
the NW one and the cash slot wasn't in the position I was used to with
the cash silently appearing in a position I was not looking at,
possibly Sun glare was making it difficult to see as well.
Just as I noticed the notes sitting there they were drawn back in .
Enquiring within the branch they said once the incident could the.
verified the amount would be credited back .
No idea how they did it, perhaps a receipt gets dropped internally
into the hopper the returned notes get dropped in when it occurs.

G.Harman