Colin Swan

Default roofing tiles and angle of slope

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:34:38 -0000, John Kelly
wrote:

Bit confused over this.

Plans we have for our house show the angle of the extension roof to be
about 20 degrees. Looking on the http://www.sandtoft.com/ says that the
minimum roof pitch would be 30 degrees which is quite a difference and
makes the extension room more of a corridor, and hence not a lot of use.
I have to say that the plans were drawn up by an architect over 6 years
ago by the previous owners who divorced each other rather than doing the
extension.

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong website for the roof tiles we've got - I
don't really know which ones they are but they do look like old english
pantile according to the website pictures.

Anyone any advice on just how low you can go with roof tiles?

Our rear extension is 17.5 degrees, but had to be done in tiles that
would work at this angle, and you have to get the overlap right. I
think you can get tiles that will go down to 15 degrees, so you should
be fine at 20 degrees.

I think my tiles came from Redland...

--
Colin Swan