Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Lewis Lewis is offline

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular towersignal strength?

In message Stijn De Jong wrote:
I knew how you got the decibel RSSI (received signal strength indication),
but the question was how do you know which "tower" you're getting your
current signal from.

I haven never cared to check. If I unplug the t-mbile cellspot, my
signal in the basement drops significantly and I lose calls.

I don't care which tower or micro tower I am connected to.

So just having a decibel reading doesn't tell me *which* tower I'm
connected to (since there are at least three or more to choose from).

So? Who cares?

The good news is that my decibel readings are now in the -50dBm to -60dBm
range (instead of the minus 90 to minus 100 decibel range as they were
before I hooked up the micro towers!).

That's all that matters.

--
The real American folksong is a rag -- a mental jag A rhythmic tone for
the chronic blues