Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

Default Hum Sound in House

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety
goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article
,

says...

On 2/18/2017 12:40 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different homes.
A very subtle 60
Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable everywhere
inside both houses. I
strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the
vibrations from the
surrounding electrical grid. (why not,
flowing energy creates
resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word for it,
I, too, hear a
curious humming sound in my home. It starts
around six o'clock
nearly every evening. It resembles an
electric motor...the hum of
an electric motor, to be more exact. I walk
around the house and
the noise seems to be coming for everywhere.
It's as loud in the
front of the house as it is in the back.
Maybe I got wax in my
ears.....but if that were the case, wouldn't I
be hearing less of
the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum go
away?

Turn them back on, one at a time, checking for
hum.

This exact same problem happened to me several
years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my breakers,
but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of one of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing out in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak, and the
sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes carried the
sound into her house
and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

it happened to me once , it was my own fart