Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Stijn De Jong[_2_] Stijn De Jong[_2_] is offline

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular tower signal strength?

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 14:22:35 -0000 (UTC), Lewis wrote:

That's decoding the data on it, and reading it. Then finding via GPS the
exact location of the terminal, then calculating the direction of the tower.

No no, orange juice isn't from oranges! First you have to peel the
orange, and then you have to squeeze it. It's not part of the orange!

Whatever.

I had never used these apps before a couple of days ago, but now, after
using a dozen of these cellular reporting apps, I'd assess OpenSignal to be
almost non-functional compared to the apps that actually report correct
information.

As a "toy" app, OpenSignal is fine; but for correct and accurate
information, OpenSignal appears to be a veritable bust.

Still, it's one of the only related apps that my iOS device can run, so,
even a toy app such as OpenSignal appears to be (compared to, say, Network
Cell Info Lite) is better than nothing I guess.