Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default This is going to be painful

wrote:

I have been looking at the caps in my Eico 320 signal generator. I know
I need to recap it, but the thought of removing all these old paper/wax
caps that say "Made in the USA" and tossing them in the trash is going
to be very painful.

** It ought to be a joy, as the piles of crap are totally ****ed.

Especially when I know all the new ones will be made
in China, coated with some lifeless plastic, totally lacking
any charm.

** ROTFL - is this pathetic old fool for real ?

And they are all brand name Aerovox, except one called Tiger, (Those are
rare). And the electrolytic is a Cornell Dubilier. Great American names
from the good old days, and I hate tossing history in the trash.... (not
to mention that the wax ones are clean and still look brand new).

** Hey why not stick them on Ebay - and have some ever dumber fool than you by them.

But I know that once I put the case back on the chassis, I wont see the
ugly words "made in China" on them.....

** FFS, you boring, pain in the arse old fart - caps never have those words printed on them.

Ah Hell, I'll replace them, but I know they wont go in the trash. Maybe
there is some form of art that can be made from them....

** You ought to cremate them - and offer the smoke up to the gods.

FFS: what a ****ing idiot.

..... Phil