Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular tower signal strength?

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 01:37:03 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
wrote:

In message Carlos E. R. wrote:
There is no way the phone can determine the location of the tower from
the signal,

Sure they can. The signal include Latitude and Longitude for the tower.

My GSM phones show a valid lat-long. My CDMA phones show no data.
This is with multiple phones on AT&T (GSM), T-Mobile (GSM), Verizon
(CDMA) and Sprint (CDMA) in the Monterey Bay area of California. Your
experience may be different in other parts of the country or with
other system operators.

Finding CDMA towers has been somewhat of a challenge. I tried to map
local sites in the late 1990's and gave up in about 2003 (for medical
reasons):
http://802.11junk.com/cellular/
Yeah, I know it's old, awful, ugly, incomplete, and inaccurate, but it
was acceptable for something built 15 years ago using just a text
editor.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D