Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Stijn De Jong[_2_] Stijn De Jong[_2_] is offline

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular tower signal strength?

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 01:36:14 -0000 (UTC), Lewis wrote:

Depends on the "major" urban area. For example, T-Mobile is absolutely
unusable in Omaha, which is a pretty decent sized city (about a million
for its CSA). I could sometimes get signal if I was outside and stood
quite still.

Here is the coverage map after typing a search for "Omaha, NE" and not
changing anything else about the results, not even the zoom level.
https://opensignal.com/network-coverage-maps/

AT&T: http://i.cubeupload.com/o8tcQ1.jpg
T-Mobile: http://i.cubeupload.com/9hAnt7.jpg
Verizon: http://i.cubeupload.com/Jp4zQB.jpg

Overall, for the center of Omaha, Verizon looks better than AT&T which
looks better than T-Mobile.