Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Lewis Lewis is offline

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular towersignal strength?

In message nospam wrote:
In article , Stijn De Jong
wrote:

I haven't been able to make the T-Mobile vs Verizon comparison as I
have never used T-Mobile.
AT&T has always been bad out here, as a result I have been with Verizon
since the days when they were still GTE.

The difference between ATT/Sprint and T-Mobile/Verizon was stark.

that depends where.

in major urban areas, there's no significant difference among any of
the carriers, while in rural areas, one might be better than another,
and which carrier that is will vary.

Depends on the "major" urban area. For example, T-Mobile is absolutely
unusable in Omaha, which is a pretty decent sized city (about a million
for its CSA). I could sometimes get signal if I was outside and stood
quite still.

OTOH, I looked at it as just one more ****ty thing about Omaha.

even verizon has dead spots. all carriers do.

Sure. At my Mom's house there was no signal at all for Sprint and only
"standing in the backyard" signal with Verizon, while both AT&T and
T-Mobile were fine.

However, I will say that up until a few years ago it sure seemed like
Verizon had fewer than the others. Now I feel like T-Mobile has caught
up.

or just ask people who actually use t-mobile in the same area.

That seems like the best plan.

--
'Is it heroic to die like this?' said Conina. 'I think it is,' he said,
'and when it comes to dying, there's only one opinion that matters.'