Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Mystery pool of water in the bathroom.

On 17/02/2017 18:50, Rednadnerb wrote:
My neighbour has a pool of water that mysteriously appears on her bathroom floor at random times usually once or twice a week.
It appears on the floor in the 18" space between the toilet and the bath and appears even when she is not in the flat.
I strongly suspect that it is coming over the top of the pan as I have found the lip to be wet (she is in a 1st floor flat so is this even likely?)
It has been going on for ages, I have brilliantly suggested a time lapse camera but she won't have that in her bathroom. I have also suggested putting one of those blue things in the cistern.
Any other ideas as to how to get to the bottom of the mystery pool of water?

More likely to be slight leak between the back of the pan and the waste
downpipe. The water will migrate to the lowest part of the floor.