Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
nospam[_3_] nospam[_3_] is offline

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular tower signal strength?

In article , sms
wrote:

Out here in the Silicon Valley, coverage seems about the same for each,
although I had them in series, and not sequentially (except for a few
concomitant burner phones).

OMG. No way. Verizon is far superior in Silicon Valley and the Bay Area.

they're all about the same.

T-Mobile is useless outside the urban and suburban core, and their rural
coverage is far inferior to AT&T or Verizon, and it's gotten worse as
they've dropped roaming onto AT&T in the surrounding areas.

t-mobile's coverage is steadily getting *better*, not worse.

In San Francisco, my sister-in-law works at a major hospital close to
the Castro, and only Verizon works inside.

that has more to do with the frequencies used than the carrier.