Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
nospam[_3_] nospam[_3_] is offline

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular tower signal strength?

In article , Stijn De Jong
wrote:

I haven't been able to make the T-Mobile vs Verizon comparison as I
have never used T-Mobile.
AT&T has always been bad out here, as a result I have been with Verizon
since the days when they were still GTE.

The difference between ATT/Sprint and T-Mobile/Verizon was stark.

that depends where.

in major urban areas, there's no significant difference among any of
the carriers, while in rural areas, one might be better than another,
and which carrier that is will vary.

even verizon has dead spots. all carriers do.

I have good friends in a state where Verizon dominates and I helped them
get two ways to *test* out T-Mobile coverage for free.

One is that T-Mobile will actually lend you a phone for a period of time (a
month? two weeks? I forget) where you can use the phone all you want to
test out the coverage.

that's not unique to t-mobile.

most providers (either direct or mvno) offer a 'test drive' where you
sign up and can get a full refund (other than usage fees outside of
your plan) within a week or two if you're not satisfied. in some cases,
certain usage patterns indicates acceptance, even within the trial
period. read the fine print.

The other is that T-Mobile will give you a SIM card (generally that costs a
nominal one-time fee) for any tablet, which will have a 200MB/month plan,
which I'm sure you're aware of.

that doesn't do much good if there's no t-mobile coverage in the places
where someone wants to use it.

Either of those options should give you plenty of time to test out T-Mobile
coverage, side to side with your current Verizon phone.

the easiest way is pop in a t-mobile sim.

or just ask people who actually use t-mobile in the same area.