Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Stijn De Jong[_2_] Stijn De Jong[_2_] is offline

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular tower signal strength?

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 09:50:36 -0800, Savageduck wrote:

I haven't been able to make the T-Mobile vs Verizon comparison as I
have never used T-Mobile.
AT&T has always been bad out here, as a result I have been with Verizon
since the days when they were still GTE.

The difference between ATT/Sprint and T-Mobile/Verizon was stark.

I have good friends in a state where Verizon dominates and I helped them
get two ways to *test* out T-Mobile coverage for free.

One is that T-Mobile will actually lend you a phone for a period of time (a
month? two weeks? I forget) where you can use the phone all you want to
test out the coverage.

The other is that T-Mobile will give you a SIM card (generally that costs a
nominal one-time fee) for any tablet, which will have a 200MB/month plan,
which I'm sure you're aware of.

Either of those options should give you plenty of time to test out T-Mobile
coverage, side to side with your current Verizon phone.

And you won't even have to fake your own death to get off the Verizon
contract! (jk)