Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Savageduck[_2_] Savageduck[_2_] is offline

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular tower signal strength?

On 2017-02-17 17:12:20 +0000, Stijn De Jong said:

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 22:51:15 -0800, Savageduck wrote:

OK! In that case, I will put it bluntly; AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint
coverage, roaming aside, in the Lake Nacimiento area, ??13 miles West
of Paso Robles, California totally sucks. Conversely Verizon coverage
is actually quite good in the same area, particularly given that the
only towers in the area belong to Verizon.

Coverage maps:
https://opensignal.com/network-coverage-maps/

Dunno exactly where you are, so I have to just look at the lake itself.

If I pick the area under the words "Lake Nacimiento" on the map as the
point of reference, it seems that T-Mobile and Verizon are about the same,
while AT&T and Sprint suck by way of comparison.

AT&T: http://i.cubeupload.com/Mk740J.jpg

Sprint: http://i.cubeupload.com/oYhuXd.jpg

T-Mobile: http://i.cubeupload.com/i2SMJH.jpg

Verizon: http://i.cubeupload.com/ReQily.jpg

I am probably located just below the "C" of "Nacimiento". Those
coverage maps pretty much detail my experience.

I haven't been able to make the T-Mobile vs Verizon comparison as I
have never used T-Mobile.
AT&T has always been bad out here, as a result I have been with Verizon
since the days when they were still GTE.
--
Regards,

Savageduck