Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Stijn De Jong[_2_] Stijn De Jong[_2_] is offline

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular tower signal strength?

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 22:45:01 -0800, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

For CDMA femtocell, the unique ID is a conglomeration of:
MCC (Mobile Country Code)
SID (System ID)
NID (Network ID)
BID (Base Station ID)

For GSM femtocell, it's:
MCC (Mobile Country Code)
MNC (Mobile Network Code)
LAC (Location Area Code)
CID (Cell ID)

Stolen from:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/bkph/other/Cellular/osm_blog
Read the footnotes, which have some Android bugs listed.

Hi Jeff,
I don't think it's that well defined in that there are two *different*
supposedly unique types of cell ids that the apps list for GSM towers.

There is a short CID and a long CID, which are completely different sets of
numbers (i.e., one is not just a longer version of the other).

Other than that confusion, the rest holds though, but my point is that
there is no such thing as a CID since there are two types of CID both of
which seem to be called CID but they're completely different numbers for
the same cell tower.