Colin Swan

Default painting up to ceiling

On 15 Dec 2003 01:09:49 -0800, (chris) wrote:

I am a bit of a novice as far as DIY is concerned, but I am tackling
our smallest bedroom )

The walls are painted blue and the ceiling white. I am finding it very
difficult to get a smooth line where they meet. Are there any
techniques to doing this? Or do I just need a steady hand?

Any help appreciated

Having tried a device to do this (which didn't work very well), have
watched how the professionals do this job, and I think I have worked
out a couple of tips...

Use quite a wide brush as you will effectively be running the end
along the line, and the longer it is, the easier it is to get a
straight line.

It seems to actually help not to try and get the line exactly in the
corner, especially if this is a bit uneven. The pros actually seem to
overlap the line slightly onto the ceiling, which seems to make it
easier to get an even line.

--
Colin Swan