Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Do they still sell multi-part electrolytic capacitors?

Michael Black wrote:
On Wed, 15 Feb 2017, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Ralph Mowery wrote:

You should be able to find the 60/40 solder from places in the US.If in
another country, I don't know.

Ebay is full of the 60/40 and 63/37 solder.

Mouser.com has some at about $45 per pound spool

The newer stuff will mix ok with the old for the tube size equipment.
Just takes more heat to melt the newer stuff. I don't use the lead
free on anything. No work for pay, as I am just doing electronic
work for myself.

I bought three, one pound spools of Kester .031" 63/37 at a local
flea market last fall. I paid $10 for all three of them.

I also won a pair of half pound spools of Ersin Multicore on Ebay
for $15. They are .015", 63/37. Just keep your eyes open.

The closest I got to that was finding a small roll of quite thick solder
at a garage sale, but it wsa branded "IBM", so an element of novelty to it.

I wasn't even looking for solder when I found it. Someone I know at
'Markets of Marion' sells used DVDs. The spools of solder were sitting
on one of his tables, along with a genuine 'Camilus Electrician's
knife'. I bought the solder, and he gave me the knife because the finish
was bad. It took me 15 minutes to make it look right.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.