Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Stijn De Jong Stijn De Jong is offline

Default Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular tower signal strength?

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 19:06:07 -0800, The Real Bev wrote:

I really want to know WHERE the cell towers are. T-Mobile has ****-poor
coverage in out-of-the-way places and rather than driving around in
circles I'd like to at least head toward a tower. Will this do what I want?

Following up on what Jeff Liebermann had suggested, and depending on your
operating system, the Network Signal Info app seems to show you what
cellular tower you're connected to, which then can be found on the maps
within the app.

There are two important tabs:
1. Mobile tab
2. Cell Location tab

Here's the "Mobile" tab original screenshot:
http://i.cubeupload.com/2zK8Ys.jpg

And here's a screenshot of the "cell location" tab:
http://i.cubeupload.com/uHE3lA.jpg

Given the unique tower cell id, you can also look up its location
independently on the web, even down to the specific sector antenna that
you're connected to.