Posted to alt.home.repair

Default American mailboxes

On 02/16/2017 07:32 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Mark Lloyd:
I may want to set up some kind of switch that turns on a light if anyone
steps on the porch. Preferably one that can tell the difference between
delivery people and cats.

Security equipment shops have mats that close a circuit when stepped on.

... and maybe they have other stuff that might work better...

Mats may be what I want, especially if they're not so sensitive as to
detect cats.

BTW, I do already have once sensor. A camera connected to a DVR that
analyzed the video. However, it's too sensitive. Vehicles on the street,
and tree limbs will set it off. Around Halloween and Christmas, it's
useless because the flashing lights trigger it.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Knowledge and history are the enemies of religion." -- Napoleon
Bonaparte (1769-1821)