Posted to uk.d-i-y
simon mitchelmore simon mitchelmore is offline

Default Fitting Finished Skirting

I need to fit the entire ground floor level with Finished (i.e. gloss painted) skirting I got from Wickes.

Usual problem though is that the walls are uneven so skirting has varying gaps to the wall, up to about 8mm max. I normally pump in Caulk or White sealant.

Am I missing something or is there a better or more efficient way.

I've not got round to fixing any yet but plan to use 'instant' grab adhesive but doubt it will hold the skirting tight in the concave sections. If I drill and tighten the skirting then I destroy the advantage of using finished skirting as I'll have to caulk and paint over the screw holes.

Suggestions very welcome!

PS I'm using finished skirting because its over new laminate (and newly plastered walls) so dread the thought of painting the skirting and getting paint on my new lam.