Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Google Access Getiing Bad

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 04:22:51 -0800 (PST), wrote:

"Do they sell pre-paid visa debit cards where you are? Here one can hand

over cash and buy one. I prefer those when dealing with small online
transactions where I think the card details are likely to get stolen. "

You can call me a cheapskate or whatever you want but I can use a couple of people's credit cards, but I have a problem paying for what used to be free. I was an AOL sucker for a while. The most expensive end user ISP all the sudde drops Useet access, then they drop your webspace, where I used to have a couple of pages.

Your concerns about your numbers is understood but I have a story that is kinda ironic That. Long time ago my Father had a similar concern about buying online and had never ever bought anything online. However, he gets this phone call from the one bank asking if he is in Italy. We wasn't nor had he ever been to Italy, but someone tried to use his card there. It was of course still in his wallet.

Apparently somewhere he used it, the clerk or someone got ahold of the numbers. I am not sure, but I am starting to think that online transactions are safer because quite possibly your numbers are never read by human eyes.

But really, paying for something that should be included is something I try to avoid. Walk into a tire shop now and ask them how much extra for the air, seriously.

Some banks have become a bit obsessive about cards since online frauds
became common. My bank sent me a kit of new cards to use and a number
to call with a authorisation code for the cards. When I called I gave
a woman details about my previous location just to see what happens.
Apart from a monthly statement sent my current location showing my
overdraft limit I get nothing from the bank. The bank says they never
ask clients to call them. It's about a month now and there are no
transactions on the cards. I only use cash and online transactions. I
don't use cards at all.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows