Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default American mailboxes

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 03:21:33 -0000, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 02/14/2017 02:41 PM, Frank wrote:

[snip]

Years ago neighbor had a cat door and his son came down one morning to
see a raccoon eating cat food. Rabies is endemic here and he was lucky
it was not rabid.

I started leaving my cat door unlocked all the time, but changed to
locking it at night. Raccoons were coming in and making messes.

You can chip your cat so the raccoon can't get in.

In the US we would probably chip the raccoon instead, but it does make a
helluva mess. Have to hose the chipper down.