Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default American mailboxes

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 13:57:36 -0000, bob haller wrote:

the post office wants to move to a big neighborhood box. each home gets its own locked box, as part of a large group of boxes.

this saves tons of time for the carrier,'

i suppose residents could pay to get their mail at their door.

my dad in phoenix gets his mail this way. he is near 90 and enjoys taking his handicap scooter to the central mailbox....

there are some big boxes for oversized stuff, the carrier puts a key to the over sized box in the recipents usual box.

dad seems satisfied

I guess that's one of the disadvantages of living in a wider open space. But then you do get more land to yourself.

--
A blonde was playing Trivial Pursuit one night. It was her turn. She rolled the dice and she Landed on Science & Nature.
Her question was "If you are in a vacuum and someone calls your name, can you hear it?"