Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default American mailboxes

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 11:50:54 -0000, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 5:16:27 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I thought the flag went up with the weight of incoming mail?

Mine has a flag that's connected to the mailbox door. When the door
goes down, the flag goes up.

https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Mb515b01-Durable-Plastic-Post-mount/dp/B00OOCBCWK

So you can't tell if something is in it for you?

We don't leave outgoing mail out overnight.

Your postmen don't appear at the crack of dawn?

Of course not. They have a route that takes them most of the day
to traverse, so somebody's going to be first, and somebody else
is going to be last. My mail arrives around noon, more or less.

Mine varies, and I sometimes get three postmen (and sometimes a ****ing gorgeous postwoman) during the course of the day. Letters, small parcels, and large parcels are delivered seperately.

--
Confucius say: "Foolish man give wife grand piano. Wise man give wife upright organ."