Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default American mailboxes

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 03:44:22 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/14/2017 11:59 AM, Frank wrote:
Theft problem is more serious for packages too big for the box and left
on the porch. Mail carrier as others point out will drive/carry
packages to house. Packages are also delivered by other services like
Fedex. If you don't have to sign for delivery they will just drop on
porch or driveway.

Knock on wood but one of the few problems I've had over the years was
when an Airborne Express driver left a box on the neighbor's woodpile.
His kid found it a couple of days later an brought it over. It was
laptop RAM back when it was going for about $350. I think Airborne is
out of business. If so, good riddance.

One fill-in UPS driver got creative. When I stopped by the warehouse the
super called him up and asked what the hell he did with it. When he
explained what the UPS rulebook said about deliveries she explained that
he better brush up his resume.

Some postmen here have been stupid enough to put things in the recycling wheelybin. If the bin is collected before the owner spots the package....

--
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca the Younger 4 b.c.- 65 a.d.