Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 15:00:25 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 08:20:23 -0600, Markem
wrote:

SNIPPED

The catalytic converters, are not different from the ones use to make
sulphuric acid, so we eliminate CO, and make acid that eats metal.
No.
Since sulphur has been removed from motor fuel there is no sulphuric
or sulphurous acid produced by current catalytic converter equipped
vehicles, and even standard steel exhausts now outlast the best
systems of 25 years ago - while stainless steel systems should be
virtually life-time systems. (My GM TranSport had well over half a
million KM on the factory system, and it would have likely gone
another 500,000km if the vehicle could have kept up to it.
My current 21 year old Ford Ranger is at 350,000km and the exhaust is
like new, hear in the central Ontario salt-bowl.

I have seen no requirement that sulphur be removed from gasoline in
the US, what requirements are up north in Canada I can not speak to.
But unless you remove all the sulphur you still will get sulphuric
acid.

Well, I guess you haven't looked, have you?

Yep that is right.