Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Google Access Getiing Bad

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 04:29:31 -0800 (PST), wrote:

"Is there something that is really about guaranteed to connect ?

Could you translate that line into English please? "

Yeah, when I click on the reply button I do not want to
see "A problem occurred while communicating with the server".

Elsewhere in this thread, you mumbled something about your internet
bill being part of your telephone bill. That means your ISP is
probably AT&T (also known as the evil empire). Lots of potential
problems, some of which I fix on a regular basis for customers. I
don't want to get into a troubleshooting exercise right now, but
basically, connect to the web server used to configure your
unspecified model DSL modem, and grab some numbers. If you have a
separate router, you may need to temporarily plug your computah
directly into your modem. What you want are the SNR and Line Level
numbers:
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16220
This will tell you if you have too much copper between the CO or RT
and your unspecified model DSL modem, or if your unspecified model DSL
modem is operating at the limits of its capabilities. Or, the modem
could just be too old, has bulging capacitors inside, or is not made
for ADSL2+. Also, check the error rates if available. A few data
errors are normal, but anything over about 10% of the total traffic in
each direction is an indication of a problem.

"Reddit offers

moderation by content and reputation, which helps get rid of threads
like this one."

Please elaborate. Do you mean I should STFU or that this thread
would never be necessary there ?

If it helps, I prefer to be more diplomatic when I'm being insulting.
No, it doesn't mean that I'm advocating your departure from s.e.r. It
means that Reddit would not tolerate such off topic questions,
discussions, and rants. You would be directed to a DSL related forum
on Reddit, where you might obtain a more reasonable answer. Unless
you keep your questions and replies on topic (and non-political), your
comments would probably be disappeared into /dev/null. In other
words, topic drift, rambling commentaries, and political rants are not
tolerated.

I haven't made an accurate count, but my guess(tm) is only about 25%
of the postings to s.e.r. are about electronic repair, which is much
better than s.e.d, which is probably 5% on topic.

The personalities of Usenet:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/genesis.txt

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558