Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Battery drain

On 02/14/2017 05:59 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Ony handle less than 5% of the deep discharges
of a lead-antimony battery.

How do AGM batteries hold up? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Lead Monster

Very well, they are designed for deep discharge..

Typically the 6v golf-cart type battery will give you the most
ampere-hours for the dollar.

From what I understand about the construction of AGM batteries is that the plates are pure lead and supported by the fiberglass mat thus there is no antimony since it's unnecessary. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Acidic Monster

This explains things better than I could
http://www.hendonpub.com/police_flee...ery_technology

Thanks for the link! The information has gone into my technical knowledge collection. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Info Monster

Since I worked mainly with industrial forklift batteries, I have to
admit I leaned quite a bit from that article too