Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Tapping wood threads..

On 2/14/2017 9:04 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
.. just got a *lot* more expensive.

The taps:
https://thewoodwhispererguild.com/pr...ategory/tools/

The announcement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC6p5SSUSW4

The Testing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA-CmUvIsjg

http://www.pdfbooksworld.com/image/c...68-390x550.jpg

I hope they sell a million sets.

Go ahead and buy them, I'll continue to use regular metal taps, which
work quite well. I never spin a shank, like he (I'll bet falsely claimed
he did) . The hex shank is a negative. I would rather have a square for
use in regular tap wrench if I decided to hand tap. The shanks are nice
and long. and it looks like a quality tap. But I can buy the highest
quality long reach metal taps for much less.
So I'm sure they'll sell, just not to me.

--
Jeff

---