Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug[_18_] Doug[_18_] is offline

Default Wood filler recommendation for exterior use

dadiOH,

Thank you for the reply. I want to take the opportunioty to Thank You agian for the
recommendations, guidance, and confidence you provided regarding refinishing my mahagony
front door with Z Spar Flagship varnish. That was the best, most valuable input I have
ever recevied for a home improvement project. The door still looks great almost 4 years
later although a touch here and there may be beneficial.

Doug

"dadiOH" wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
.. .
Need to fill a split in an exterior board - what brand(s) of wood filler
perform well in
this application after priming and painting?

Thanks.

Doug

Splits can be iffy. I wouldn't use any rigid filler, I'd use a caulk, then
prime and paint.